Police Certificates (Visa)
You must be a resident of North Vancouver to obtain a Police Certificate from the North Vancouver RCMP. If you do not reside in North Vancouver, you must attend the police office in your home community.
Police Certificates are issued to applicants who are going out of country for travel, work, school or as part of the requirements for immigration to a country other than Canada.
- Police Certificate services are provided during all hours the Front Desk is open.
- The fee for a Police Certificate is $57.50 and is payable by cash, Interac, Visa or Mastercard.
- You will be required to provide documentation which clearly indicates your need for a Police Certificate.
- You will need two pieces of government issued identification (one photo ID) and proof of your current address in North Vancouver. Please note BC Care Cards and Social Insurance Cards are no longer forms of ID and will not be accepted. The new BC Services Card is acceptable but must be separate to your Driver’s License.
- Police Certificates can typically be completed while you wait, however, processing times may vary.
- A Police Certificate will not be issued if you have ever been criminally convicted of an offence in Canada, unless you have been granted a Record Suspension (Pardon). If you are ineligible for a Police Certificate, contact the requesting agency for next steps.
- Date modified: