The RCMP Drug Program will work with the community and partners to identify, target, investigate, disrupt, and dismantle the international, national/regional, and local drug trafficking organizations that are having the most significant impact on Canada.
Specialized Units that make up this Program
All Province wide drug sections are tasked with interdiction and disruption of major drug importers/traffickers and organized crime figures at the national and international level
- Greater Vancouver Drug Section (Includes specialized units targeting Asian Organized Crime and Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs)
- North District Drug Sections (NDDS) – Centrally located in Prince George and Prince Rupert
- South East District Drug Section (SEDD) – Centrally located in Kelowna
- Island District Drug Section IDDS (Victoria/Nanaimo)
Clan Lab/Chemical Diversion Team
- Identifies, monitors and seizes both regulated and non-regulated chemicals used in the manufacturing of illicit synthetic drugs and to dismantle clandestine chemical laboratories which assist in the production of these drugs
Coordinated Marihuana Enforcement Team (CMET)
- Targets large scale marihuana importation/exportation linked to organized crime
- DOCAS balances the approach to both reduce the supply and demand of drugs and to work with communities to address the education and information sharing of ideas in an effort to make society aware of the social, environmental and economic ills associated to drug use.