Lock Out Auto Crime (LOAC)
Lock Out Auto Crime is an educational program supported by ICBC to draw attention to the high rate of thefts from vehicles. Volunteers audit parking lots looking for vehicles with visible valuables, garage door openers, open windows or doors that are left unlocked. All vehicles are given a crime prevention notice (which is left on the windshield), either thanking them for securing their vehicle properly, or advising them how they can deter auto theft. This program is conducted by our dedicated Citizens on Patrol Volunteers.
10 Tips to Avoid Auto Crime:
- Keep your spare keys in your wallet, not in your car.
- Invest in a good anti-theft device.
- Close windows and lock doors. Take your possessions with you.
- Avoid parking behind fences or hedges.
- At home, light your driveway all night. Elsewhere, park in well lit areas near pedestrian traffic.
- After opening an automatic gate to underground parking, watch out for thieves waiting to slip inside.
- Wait for the gate to close behind you.
- Engrave your stereo and other onboard valuables with your drivers licence number.
- Install an anti-theft device to protect your stereo, or buy a unit that's removable and take it with you when you park.
- If you see any suspicious person or activity near a vehicle, call the police immediately.
If you would like to join our friendly team of volunteers through the Mission Crime Prevention Office (CPO) you can pickup a Volunteer Application form from our office. You can find our address at the top of this page. If you have any questions please call us at (604) 820-2722.
- Date de modification :