Crime Map - July 2017
Map of Break and Enters to Businesses and Auto Crimes – July 2017
Click on link for a larger version of the map.
Crime Stats in Focus
Click on link for larger image of the stats.
Each district in Burnaby has unique crime types to be aware of each month.
North Burnaby - Districts One and Two:
Yale Street to Graveley Street between Macdonald Avenue and Delta Avenue
• Break and enters to garages
Forest Grove Drive to Cardston Court between Erickson Drive to Gaglardi Way
• Residential (apartment suite) break and enters
South Burnaby - Districts Three and Four:
Sperling Avenue to Mary Avenue between Kingsway Avenue and Elwell Street
• Auto Theft
18th Avenue to 10th Avenue between Cumberland Street and 4th Street
• Theft from Auto
North Fraser Way between Byrne Road and Marine Way
• Commercial Break and Enters
• Commercial Vehicle Thefts
Metrotown/Kingsway Corridor, Patterson to Sussex between Kingsway Avenue and Victory Street
• Theft from Auto
Crime Prevention Tips
Opportunistic crime occurs when offenders see an unsecured area and commit a crime in the moment without previous planning. Securing your property is the best way to protect your items from being stolen. We would like to remind everyone during the summer months to lock and secure personal areas to prevent crime opportunities.
- Keep your spare keys in your wallet, not in or around your vehicle.
- If you leave it, thieves will take it. Remove all valuables from your vehicle and from plain sight.
- Tools are targets for many criminals. If you use a work vehicle to transport tools, ensure they are away from plain sight or near windows. Install an anti-theft device and advertise it with a window decal.
- Report any suspicious persons or activities around vehicles to the police as soon as you can. If you see a crime in progress, call 911 immediately.
- Date de modification :