Community Services & Programs
The Burnaby RCMP Victim Services Unit offers emotional support, information, practical assistance and referrals to victims of crime and trauma in Burnaby.
Our services are free of charge and delivered by highly trained caseworkers.If you are a victim of crime or personal trauma and feel you could benefit from our services, please contact us at 604-646-9700.
RCMP Victim Service Programs are located within RCMP Detachments across British Columbia. These programs are integrated into every RCMP Detachment, working in partnership with police to provide critical services to victims and witnesses of crime and trauma.
Victim Services is an integral component within the continuum of comprehensive policing services the RCMP delivers to the citizens we serve.
How is it run?
RCMP Detachment Victim Service Programs are managed by Victim Service Coordinators, and services are provided by paid coordinators, staff and trained volunteers.
All Programs are delivered under contract with the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General. The provincial government and local government provide funding for these critical police-based victim services.
What does it do?
RCMP Victim Service Programs provide support to victims, witnesses, family members and others who have been impacted by crime and trauma. These services are free of charge and include:
- emotional support and follow up support for as long as is required;
- police requested crisis response;
- information on the status of the police investigation and the progress of the case through the court system;
- information on how the criminal justice system works and court orientation for witnesses who may be required to testify;
- assistance in completing Victim Impact Statements and in completing Crime Victim Assistance compensation forms;
- referral to appropriate social, legal, financial, counselling and other services.
Learn more about the Program ...
If you, or someone you know, has been a victim of crime or witness of crime, there are people and organizations who can help - Together We Can Find A Way!
To access support, please contact your local RCMP Detachment and ask for the Victim Service Unit, or call VictimLINK toll free at 1-800-563-0808.
- Date modified: