The Surrey RCMP provides ink and digital fingerprints for the following civil purposes:
- Permanent Residence applications
- Citizenship applications
- Foreign work or travel / US waiver
- Record suspensions / Pardon applications
- Name changes
- Volunteer employment
When you apply for a Police Information Check or Vulnerable Sector Check, you may be required to give the police service a copy of your fingerprints. The fingerprints are only used by the RCMP to confirm your identity. After completion of service, they are destroyed. They are not kept nor searched for other purposes.
Surrey residents must attend in person at the front counter of either the Main Detachment (M-F 8am-5pm; Sat/Sun 9am-3pm), Guildford/Fleetwood District 2 Office (M-F 9am-5pm), or Newton District 3 Office (M-F 9am-5pm).
- $76.00 for one full set of fingerprints;$14.00 for each additional set
- $25.00 for Vulnerable Sector Check
- Methods of payment: cash, debit, credit
- Must be a resident of Surrey and attend in person.
- Two pieces of government-issued identification are required (see
- Primary ID must include the applicant’s date of birth plus a current photo.
- Secondary ID must include the same name and date of birth as the primary ID.
Individuals must present TWO (2) pieces of identification with the same name on both from the following list. NOTE: The BC Services Card combined with the BC Driver's Licence is only considered ONE piece of ID.
- Valid Driver’s Licence with photo
- Valid BC Identification Card with photo
- Valid Passport
- Valid Nexus Card
- Native Status Card
- Canadian Citizenship Card
- Permanent Resident Card
- Military Identification
- Birth Certificate
- Firearms Licence
- Provincial Health Care Card
You must bring a letter or form from the Immigration Department setting out their requirements (e.g. fingerprints, Police Certificate). If fingerprints are required by a foreign country please check to see if they will accept the RCMP fingerprint form. If not please bring a copy of that country’s fingerprint forms with you. Please also read your documents carefully prior to attending our office so that you know what you require from us as we are unable to refund application fees.
- Date modified: