Business Watch - Crime Map - September 2017
Business Watch is a partnership between local Burnaby business communities, the City of Burnaby, and the RCMP.
Our goal is to provide tools and resources to help reduce business-related crime. These maps reflect crime trends in the business community. When incidents are reported to police the information is used to deploy resources strategically, identify crime hot spots, and analyze trends and patterns.
The maps are provided as a tool to promote awareness and crime reduction throughout the business communities. Check out the Business Watch website for more information.
Map of Break and Enters to Businesses and Auto Crimes – September 2017
Click on link for a larger version of the map.
Crime Stats in Focus
Click on link for larger image of the stats.
Each district in Burnaby has unique crime types to be aware of each month.
North Burnaby - Districts One and Two:
Willingdon to Holdom between Midlawn Dr and Scenic Highway
• Break and enters to detached garages
South Burnaby - Districts Three and Four:
Kingsway Ave east along Edmonds St
• Theft from auto
Boundary to Macpherson between Imperial to Thurston
• Break and enters to apartment storage lockers
Boundary between Moscrop St & Kingsway Ave
• Auto theft
Kingsway Corridor between Moscrop St & Imperial/Patterson Ave & Nelson Ave
• Theft from auto
Crime Prevention Tips
- Be aware of your surroundings and the access points when entering an underground parkade.
- Park in well-lit areas and remove all valuables from your vehicle.
- Keep as little cash around as possible. Make bank deposits frequently and switch up your routine so you are not predictable.
- Clearly mark public and private areas to avoid confusion and wandering.
- Avoid using large advertising displays on your store front windows as it covers up visibility from the street.
- Report any suspicious persons or activities around vehicles to the police as soon as you can. If you see a crime in progress, call 911 immediately.
- Date de modification :