Thieves strike vehicles in Langford
2017-03-08 10:16 PST
Dossier nº 2017-03-08
Under the Official Languages Act, this office provides services to the public in English only. You will find general information in both official languages at bc.rcmp.ca and www.rcmp.ca
Aux termes de la Loi sur les langues officielles, ce bureau n'offre des services au public qu'en anglais. Vous trouverez des renseignements généraux dans les deux langues officielles au cb.grc.ca et www.grc.ca.
On the morning of March 7th 2017, at approximately 3:00 A.M., at least nine vehicles were broken into in the 2900 block of Humpback Road in Langford. West Shore RCMP attended the scene after reports of various items having been taken from vehicles parked in private driveways. The stolen items ranged from electronics to coffee cards. In several instances the vehicles had been left unlocked.
A homeowner reported seeing two people walking by at the time of the thefts, with one of the individuals reportedly carrying a duffel bag, states Cst. John Varley of West Shore RCMP.
No further details are known at this time.
West Shore RCMP encourages residents to take the following steps to prevent auto crime:
- Ensure that your vehicle is securely locked at all times, and that all valuables are removed or out of sight.
- Do not leave any personal identification in an unattended vehicle.
- Invest in a good anti-theft device, such as a steering wheel lock.
- Take the garage door opener out of your vehicle, along with any identifying information that could lead suspects to your home.
- Do not keep spare keys in your vehicle.
- Record all serial numbers on any valuables that are regularly transported in your vehicle.
- If you see any suspicious persons or activities, call the police immediately.
If you have any information regarding these thefts, please contact West Shore RCMP at 250-474-2264 or anonymously contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477, online www.victoriacrimestoppers.ca. You do not have to reveal your identity to Crime Stoppers. If you provide information that leads to an arrest, you could be eligible for a cash reward.
Gend. Alex BérubéAgent des relations avec les médias
GRC de West Shore
698, avenue Atkins, Victoria, C.-B. V9B 3A4
Téléphone : 250-391-3348
Télécopieur : 250-474-8970
Courriel : email@example.comSuivez-nous :
- Date de modification :