Charges laid in November shooting on Delta/Surrey border
2017-12-12 14:54 PST
File # 2017-167282
One man is now charged with several offences after Surrey RCMP investigated a shooting in the Royal Heights area of the Surrey/Delta border on November 23, 2017 that resulted in one male being injured (see previous release).
Trevor Robert MCKAY, 27 years old of no fixed address, is alleged to have committed the following six offences for which he has now been charged:
- One count of Discharging a firearm at a person with intent to injure
- One count of Intentionally discharging a firearm while being reckless as to the life or safety of a person
- One count of Aggravated assault
- One count of Uttering threats
- One count of Using a firearm while committing an indictable offence
- One count of Possession of shaved keys for breaking into a motor vehicle
This individual was identified as a potential suspect early on and was in custody on unrelated matters shortly after this incident. He remains in custody on these new charges, says Corporal Scotty Schumann.
This incident is not related to the current conflicts being experienced by several jurisdictions around the Lower Mainland.
Committed to serving the Community
Your Surrey RCMP is committed to providing a sensitive, responsive, professional policing service for all Surrey communities. For more information about Surrey RCMP Programs, Services, how to Protect Yourself, or our latest News Releases visit www.surrey.rcmp.ca.
For media inquiries contact:
Cpl. Scotty Schumann
Media Relations Officer
Surrey RCMP Media Relations Unit
- Date modified: