Surrey RCMP now accepting volunteer applications to support our Community Programs
2017-01-23 10:45 PST
Want to make a difference in your community and contribute to public safety? The Surrey RCMP is now accepting applications for those interested in volunteering with us. Registration is now available online until February 20, 2017.
Volunteers would assist Surrey RCMP officers and staff with various crime prevention programs and initiatives including, Speed Watch, Lock Out Auto Crime, Stolen Auto Recovery Program, as well as community events.
Our volunteers provide a valuable service to the community, says Surrey RCMP Corporal Scotty Schumann.
Their special talents, skills and abilities are integral to the success of our community policing and crime prevention programming.
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- 19 years of age or older
- Canadian Citizen (or permanent resident for a minimum of 5 years)
- Reliable and have integrity
- Available to attend all training sessions
- Available to volunteer a minimum of 16 hours per month for one year
- Pass a suitability interview
- Successfully pass a security background check
- Complete a six month probationary period
There are many reasons to get involved as a Surrey RCMP volunteer, including:
- Contributing to public safety in your community.
- Learning about crime prevention programs.
- Making a difference!
Visit our website to learn more about volunteer opportunities with the Surrey RCMP.
Committed to serving the Community
Your Surrey RCMP is committed to providing a sensitive, responsive, professional policing service for all Surrey communities. For more information about Surrey RCMP Programs & Services, how to Protect Yourself, or our latest News Releases visit www.surrey.rcmp.ca.
For media inquiries contact:
Cpl. Scotty Schumann
Media Relations Officer
Surrey RCMP Media Relations Unit
- Date modified: