Ridge Meadows RCMP Volunteer Opportunities
Ridge Meadows RCMP recognizes the valuable contributions of volunteers in the delivery of community programs and services. The special talent, skills and abilities that volunteers bring to the table are integral to the success of our community policing and crime prevention programs.
- Contribute to public safety in your community
- Learn about crime prevention programs
- Explore career options and gen an inside look at policing
- Meet new people
- Make a difference
Available Programs in your Community
Block Watch Program
Neighbours helping neighbours. Family’s on a block form a communication chain aided by a block map of names, telephone numbers and addresses. They watch out for each other’s homes and report suspicious activities to the police and each other to reduce the likelihood of residential crime.
Crime Free Multi Housing
CFMH is designed to help residents, owners, and managers of rental property keep drugs and other illegal activity off their property. Similar to the Block Watch program, the coordinator works with the property or building manager to ensure safety measures are taken, social gatherings are held and residents are educated on crime prevention procedures.
Ridge Meadows RCMP Volunteers
Ridge Meadows Crime Prevention Volunteers – Charlene Hargreaves at firstname.lastname@example.org
There are a number of ways to get involved and volunteer with the Ridge Meadows RCMP. We recruit volunteers to work with our crime prevention programs that include Speed Watch & Cell Watch, Bike Patrol, Citizens on Patrol, Lock Out Auto Crime & Stolen Auto Recovery. Volunteer may also attend community events where they host an information booth, discuss and answer questions around public safety, and even wear the coveted Safety Bear mascot outfit!
- 19 years of age
- Canadian Citizen (or permanent resident for a minimum of 5 years)
- Valid Class 5 driver's license
- Be reliable and have integrity
- Volunteer a minimum of 4 hours a month for 1 year
- Attend all training sessions
- Pass a suitability interview
- Successfully pass a security background check
- Complete a six month probationary period
For more information on any of these programs please contact Blair Berkner at email@example.com
- Date modified: